BSP In the News
- The Hill: Frank Knapp, Small business opposes multinational corporations' tax avoidance
- Minimum Wage News at our BUSINESS FOR A FAIR MINIMUM WAGE website
- The Hill: Report: Taxpayers shoulder burden for offshore tax haven use
- Paramus Post (NJ): Offshore Tax Havens Cost Average Taxpayer $1,026 a Year, Small Businesses $3,067
- U.S. PIRG, Sen. Levin, Small Business Leaders Release "Picking up the Tab 2013: Average Citizens and Small Business Owners Pay the Price for Offshore Tax Havens"
- American Forum: Scott Klinger, Half Time at the Federal Budget Super Bowl
- Philadelphia Daily News: Talking Small Biz
- Triple Pundit: Don’t Blame Google and Starbucks For Minimizing Tax Bills
- Roll Call: Time for Plan C - Close the Floodgates on Corporate Tax Dodging
- CFO: Small Biz, the Fiscal Cliff, and the Big, Bad Bank
- Westerly Sun: Business leaders urge change in tax system
- McClatchy Tribune News Service: A plea for tax fairness from small businesses
- UPI: 'Fiscal cliff': Is there a Plan C to avoid tax increases, spending cuts?
- Madison Capital Times: Wisconsin business owners join national call to raise corporate taxes
- Charlotte Observer: Charlotte small business owners urge tax reform
- Politico: 'Revenue-neutral' tax reform takes hit
- National Journal: Sen. Levin, Small Businesses Push for Corporate Tax Hikes
- Washington Post: Sen. Levin wants corporate tax revenue in a fiscal cliff deal
- The Hill: Corporate revenues must be in debt deal
- Accounting Today: Small Business Leaders Urge Closing of Corporate Tax Haven Loopholes
In the Spotlight
If you are looking for business support for raising the minimum wage please visit
Business for a Fair Minimum Wage
Support Positive Corporate Tax Reform
Small business owners oppose the current system for taxing U.S.-based multinational corporations, according to a new national scientific poll released by the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) and the Main Street Alliance (MSA); it shows that support for reform is bipartisan and widespread. This new poll is the first to query small business owners on specific policies for addressing overseas corporate tax havens. Current tax law enables companies to defer indefinitely taxes on profits earned overseas. This practice is responsible for an estimated $1.7 trillion in profits being held overseas by U.S. companies, with no taxes paid to the United States. Read more
Don't let corporate tax dodgers dominate debate over corporate tax reform. Corporate tax share of federal receipts is down from 32% in 1952 to 8% now. Sign our business letter rejecting tax holidays for U.S. multinationals who disguise their U.S. profits as foreign profits to avoid taxes and calling for an end to unproductive tax loopholes and subsidies benefiting Big Business so we can level the playing field and raise needed revenues.
Business Against Tax Haven Abuse
If not stopped, Big Business tax haven abuse will cost over $1 trillion in lost tax revenue over next decade, and shift more jobs and profits offshore. Tax havens reward tax evaders, rob nation of needed revenue and offload taxes to responsible businesses and households. Our economy suffers when companies rewarded for financial manipulation rather than productive investment, innovation, job creation.
The subjects of the state ought to contribute toward the support of the government, as nearly as possible, in proportion to their respective abilities; that is, in proportion to the revenue which they respectively enjoy under the protection of the state." -Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations, 1776